My head slumps to the cool surface of the marble countertop and I let out a groan.
“Oh, don’t be so dramatic, Edward. You know you’re happy I’m here,” Alice scolds.
Actually, Pixie…I could do without your interference at the moment, but thanks.
A firm slap on my back startles me, and I lift my head to be greeted with the warm, blue eyes of Jasper. He and I have been best friends since junior high school; long before he dated, bed, and wed my sister. Ew. They are such polar opposites, too. He’s calm, cool and collected, while she’s like a Pomeranian on crack. How he puts up with her, I’ll never know.
“Damn good to see ya, bro,” he says with a chuckle.
“Yeah, I’d say the same, but that means also having to see ‘yap-yap’ over there,” I tease, shifting my eyes to meet hers.
She huffs. “Whatever. You’re lucky I haven’t made good on my promise yet.”
“Oh yeah? Promises, promises. You going to wave your fairy wand at me and turn me into a toad or something?” I mock.
“How about I show you, huh?” she counters.
“You’re awfully small to be so hugely irritating,” I come back with a chuckle that quickly dies in my throat.
She creeps slowly toward me, and I begin to second-guess my words when her eyes narrow and darken. I shift in my seat and swallow thickly.
Shit.
“Uh-hmm…Alice? Sis?”
She says nothing, only continues slowly stalking towards me. I cautiously slide off the barstool and position myself behind Jasper defensively. Her face has darkened to an eerie crimson color. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear she had steam bellowing from her ears.
Mayday! Mayday! Abort! Abort!
“Dude, Jaz, make her stop,” I whisper to him, crouching down behind his shoulders. The ass-hat has the audacity to fucking chuckle. She might be small, but I don’t doubt she could hand me my ass on a silver platter.
“Come on, baby. You’ve scared him enough,” he soothes, walking slowly toward her with his arms outstretched.
“You have a lot of nerve, brother,” she spats from over Jasper’s shoulder. “After everything I’ve done for you in the past week? I fly all the way home from Paris to be here for you, because God knows you can’t seem to keep yourself in check, and you have the nerve to mock me?”
I let out a deep sigh and comb my fingers through my hair.
Shit. Okay, think, Cullen. You need to diffuse this time bomb.
“I’m sorry, Pix. I was only messing with you. I’m really glad you’re here, I’ve missed you,” I say in attempt to appease her. Cautiously, I step in her direction. Jasper moves to stand behind her while gripping her wrists. Her menacing stare slowly softens with each step I take toward her. I tentatively place my hands on her shoulders while I flash her a crooked grin. “I really, really missed you.”
With that, she collapses into my arms. I freeze, unsure of what just happened and shoot Jasper a pleading look. Realizing she’s only crying–and not going to castrate me–I pull her tight against my chest as her sobs rock through her.
“I’m s-still so mad at y-you.”
“I know. But I’m working real hard to make things right, so you don’t need to worry. Okay?” I say softly while running my hands up and down her back.
She nods against me and I’m pretty sure she just wiped her snotty nose on my shirt, but I manage to restrain myself from throwing her backwards. She clears her throat and looks up at me with a small, devious smile.
Yeah, she totally just wiped her snot all over me. Little shit.
“I hate to cut this short, but I have plans; and apparently, now I also need to change my shirt,” I say with a hint of annoyance. This only causes her to giggle as I walk away.
As I toss my shirt into the laundry, there is a soft knock on my bedroom door. Alice peeks her head in. “Edward?”
“Come in, Alice.”
“Before you go, I wanted to talk to you,” she says shyly. I nod and motion with my hand for her to take a seat on the bed while I rummage through my closet for a clean shirt. She knots her fingers together in her lap nervously, and I can’t help but stare at her. She’s never this…calm.
“What is it, Ali?”
“She was lonely, Edward,” she states out of the blue. I’m just slipping a shirt past my head, when her words make me pause. I wasn’t prepared for this to be what she wanted to talk about, and a sudden lump forms in my throat. She briefly glances up at me before darting her eyes back to her lap.
“I don’t think you understand how it was for her. She was alone there, far away from her family and friends.” She gives me a pointed glance. “Even Rose and Em were still an hour away.”
“I–I didn’t…make her move there. She works, too,” I respond softly, yet defensively. “I know I worked a lot–“ She snaps her head up and my words die off at her glare. I sigh heavily and shove my hands into my pockets.
“I didn’t keep her locked away there. She has a car and her job, and she could spend her free time however she desired.” I know as soon as the words leave my mouth, how selfish they sound, and I immediately want to take them back.
She groans in annoyance. “Seriously, Edward? She didn’t desire to spend her time with anyone else, or to do anything else. She wanted to spend time with you. You’re a smart man. I hope smart enough to know that’s a basic need in every relationship.”
I run my fingers through my hair and rub my temples in an attempt to fight off an impending headache.
“Apparently, I’m still learning.” I blow out a breath. “If it was so obvious to everyone else, why didn’t anyone say anything?” My frustration is bubbling at the surface.
“She did say something. Somehow, I don’t think it would have made a difference if anyone else did as well. You didn’t even acknowledge it coming from her.” Her face reddens with anger.
I don’t respond. I can’t. My voice is caught in my throat. I know all of this, but somehow hearing it from my sister feels like a punch to the gut.
“None of us, especially Bella, should have had to talk to you about spending time with her. You should want to do that all by yourself.”
“Fuck! I get it, okay? Yes, I’m a douche, an ass, and a complete and total fuck-up! I get it!” I throw my hands up in exasperation. “I may have just lost the best thing that ever happened to me,” I cry out as tears begin to spill over my eyelids. “But I am doing everything in my power to change all that. I can’t lose her. I can’t. And I won’t stop unless she sends me away. I won’t stop trying to win her back.”
I bend over, grab my knees and try to suck much needed air into my lungs.
Fuck. I know, dammit. I know.
She’s standing in front of me, gently placing her hands on my shoulders and trying to calm me. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. I just thought, maybe, you’d like to know some thing’s that she may not tell you.”
“I don’t need this right now, Ali. Please, just…go. I need to leave soon, so please…just go so I can pull myself together,” I beg with a surprisingly relaxed tone.
I watch her feet falter before they turn and walk out of my room. I walk into the bathroom in hopes of pulling myself together. I cannot let that sudden little tirade ruin my mood for tonight.
What the fuck? I didn’t need that shit. Always meddling.
xxx
I really miss my truck. This tiny ass rental car is severely grating my nerves. It handles like crap, especially on these rainy streets. Pussy-ass car. When I finally pull up in front of Charlie’s house, the rain is coming down in buckets. This isn’t the alarming part however; it’s the rusty VW Rabbit parked behind Bella’s Volvo and Charlie’s missing cruiser, which catches my attention.
I shake off the uneasy feeling and ready myself for the cold and wet, as well as the inevitable anger. My feet slosh through the swampy earth as I sprint towards the front porch. I can vaguely hear the sound of Bella’s laugh followed by a deep baritone muffled sound, and it causes the hair on the back of my neck to stand up. I run my hands through my hair, shaking out the water, and knock on the door. I take a few deep breaths, making an effort to gain my composure, as I hear heavy footsteps headed to the door. It swings swiftly open, and it’s all I can do to contain a growl that struggles to erupt.
Jacob. Fucking. Black. Speaking of pussies…
Seriously? Could this day get any fucking worse?
He leans his massive, steroid-looking, copper-skinned body against the doorframe and crosses his arms in an obvious attempt at a threatening manner. His deep black eyes are narrowed and his lips form a scowl, which I am positive mirrors my own.
“Edward,” he grunts in a low and obnoxious tone.
“Let me in, Jake,” I growl back, not backing down in the least.
I don’t have the patience for this bullshit.
He snorts. “Why should I? So you can ruin her some more?”
Cock-sucking, piece of shit.
Deep breath, Cullen. Don’t kill him.
“Mind your own business and let me in.” I take a step forward causing him to straighten up and block the doorway. I clench my fists at my sides and stand nose to nose with him as our eyes lock in a heated stare down.
“She is my business,” he growls.
I’ll kill you, dog.
“Move, Jacob. Now,” I growl back through gritted teeth.
“Knock it off, Jake,” Bella says from the other side of the door. From my peripheral I see the door swing open wider, and Bella moves into view.
Finally relenting–because let’s face it, she owns him as well–he moves to the side, and I walk through with a smug smile. Managing to finally break from the intensity, I turn to face Bella. She looks beautiful, as always, but I can tell that she has been crying which does nothing for my anger management at the moment. I step in front of her and brush my knuckles over her cheek. She sighs and blinks heavily before I press my lips to her forehead.
“Hi,” I say, looking down into her eyes and taking her hand.
“Hi,” she replies softly. She watches my eyes for a moment before turning to the pup. “Thanks for the talk, Jake.”
Focus on her. Focus on her.
He scoffs, “I’m always here for you, Bells. You know you can always count on me.”
Do. Not. Kill. Him.
“Unlike some people,” he continues in a menacing voice.
The last thread of my control snaps and my fist meets his face. I feel bones crunching; whether they’re his or mine, I’m not completely sure. He stumbles backwards, blood pouring from his nose, and I vaguely hear Bella scream as I land another shot to his abdomen. Unfortunately at this point, I’m too far-gone. All my frustrations of the day pour into every swing. To his credit, he recovers quick enough to land a few shots of his own, and the next thing I know, we’re out the door, down the steps and rolling around in the muddy yard.
“Fuck you, Cullen!” he screams, landing a jab to my ribs.
“I’ll kill you, you mother-fucker!” I growl, managing to wrap him up in a headlock and gaining the upper hand.
“Edward! Jake! STOP!” Bella screams. “Stop! Please stop!”
Somehow, this time it registers to both of us that she is standing in the yard– drenched by the pouring rain–visibly shaking and crying. I have Jacob practically sitting in my lap with my arms wrapped around his head and neck, both of us taking deep, haggard breaths. He stops struggling as we both focus on her. I can taste the salty, bitter flavor of blood in my mouth and run my tongue along my now split bottom lip. I hiss, release the dog, and shove him a good three feet in front of me where he lands on his hands and knees and is still gasping for air. Looks just like the fucking dog that he is. I struggle to my feet and wince as a shooting pain sears through my ribs. My once bandaged hand is again split open, bleeding and covered in mud.
Fuck!
I don’t even look at Bella as I take the opportunity of my position to kick my foot into Jacob’s side one final time. He falls over with a thud and a moan, grasping tightly to his side.
“Edward!” Bella screeches from somewhere behind me.
I crouch down next to him. “Next time, I will end you,” I growl before I rise and stalk to the car. Bella screams my name again, but I don’t look back. The adrenaline is still pulsing through my veins, and I know I am way too fucking pissed to have any sort of rational conversation with her. I don’t even want to look at her right now for fear that we’ll both say or do something we’ll regret.
I’m back in my parents’ driveway before my breathing has returned to normal and my body has calmed down.
I cannot believe that shit just happened.
I make a not-so-graceful entrance through the front door and am surrounded by my mother and father almost immediately. Jasper and Alice both look on with shocked expressions. I can only begin to imagine what they must be seeing when they look at me.
“Oh my…Edward…what happened to you?” my mother asks as her eyes fill up with tears. I just shake my head.
My father leads me down the hall to his study and pulls out his medical supply bag. I hardly notice as he sets about cleaning my wounds until he pulls my hand up and douses it with antiseptic.
“Fuck!” I cry out at the pain.
“Just hold still, son. I need to get this one cleaned up and re-stitched. It’s in the worst shape.” My mother enters with an icepack and towel, placing it over my left eye. I let out a heavy sigh and attempt to fight back tears.
Dammit! This is not how this day was supposed to turn out.
Moments later, my hand is cleaned and stitched…again. I have a butterfly bandage over my left eye, as well as on my bottom lip. I wander into the living room and slump onto the couch. I lean my head back and hold the icepack to my face. I feel the couch dip as my mother sit beside me, gingerly resting her hand on my thigh. She hands me an open bottle of water and two pain pills. I eagerly drink half while I swallow them down.
“Edward, what happened?” she asks, this time more firmly.
“Jacob,” is all I manage to say.
“What about Jacob?” Alice asks from across the room. I can hear the sadness and anger in her voice.
I huff. “Jacob was there when I went to pick up Bella.” My head is fucking pounding now that the adrenaline has finally worn off, and I feel like passing out.
My mother gasps softly. “Oh, Edward. What did you do?”
I snap my head in her direction. “What the fuck, mom? Why does it have to be me that started it? You didn’t hear the bullshit that he was spewing.”
“Watch how you speak to your mother, Edward,” my father scolds.
“Sorry,” I offer with a sigh. She pats my thigh.
“So, am I to presume that Bella witnessed this….this childish act between you two?” she asks, again with “the look”.
My head falls back to the couch as I let out a heavy sigh. “Yes.”
“And?” Alice asks.
“And what? I had my say, I kicked his ass, and I left.”
I hear Jasper attempt to muffle a laugh with a cough, and I smirk.
“You left?” Alice shrieks.
I manage a nod.
“Jesus, Edward. You really are an idiot. You didn’t even talk to her? You just left?” her voice rising with each word.
Fuck! How did this day turn out like this?
I lift my head to find three pairs of disappointed eyes staring back at me, and one pair dancing in amusement. “I’m going to go lie down.” I rise and make my way to my bedroom. I quickly strip off my now bloodstained, muddy and torn shirt, toe off my shoes and slide down my pants. I leave them all in a pile where they fall and collapse onto the bed, burying my face in the pillow.
Fucking Jacob.
Some time later, there is a knock on my door. To my surprise, or maybe not, Jasper pokes his head in. I attempt a wave for him to come in, but it’s more like a lift and fall of my arm. He closes the door and walks to the edge of the bed.
“So?” he asks.
I roll to my back and look over at him. “What?”
“How’d it feel to finally punch that asshole in his face?” he asks with a smirk.
“Fucking great,” I reply with a laugh.
His tone turns serious. “Probably wasn’t such a smart idea to have it out in front of Bella though, huh?”
I groan. “I just made everything a thousand times worse.”
He nods.
“Tonight was my shot at making things right with her. But dammit! That fuck…he just had to go running his mouth. I couldn’t just stand there and let him get away with it.”
He nods again. “Maybe just this once you should’ve, man. I mean, going all ‘caveman’ in front of Bella?”
“Don’t come in here and fucking defend him, Jaz.” My anger is rising again.
“I’m not defending him. I’m just trying to help you see things from a different perspective.”
We’re both silent. I can’t believe this shit happened today. I should have known better than to let Jacob goad me. I shouldn’t have let him get the best of me. Especially, not in front of Bella.
Piece of shit.
“Anyway, I thought I’d let you know that Bella’s downstairs, and she’s pretty torn up.”
I cover my face with my hands. “Fuck. Does she even want to see me?”
“Well, as dashing as I may be, somehow I don’t think she came over to see me,” he replies with a chuckle.
Shit. He’s right. She’s here. She came! Maybe I haven’t fucked things up as bad as I think. Or, maybe she’s here to tell me she never wants to see me again. Maybe it’s really over this time.
Goddammit!
“How is she?” I ask as I sit up and swing my legs off the side of the bed.
“Like I said, she’s pretty torn up.” He pauses a beat. “I’d say you have a whole hell of a lot more work to do.”
I groan and drop my head into my hands, resting my elbows on my knees.
“Clean yourself up and then come down and talk to her. You owe it to her,” he says and then leaves the room.
I attempt to comb my fingers through my hair, but it’s full of blood and mud. I’m not sure how I manage it, but I take a quick shower with one hand and do my best to keep my face from getting wet.
Genius, Cullen. Real genius.
I throw on a clean pair of jeans and a t-shirt and head downstairs. It feels like the walk-of-doom, to be honest. The living room is surprisingly quiet when I enter. Bella is nestled between my mother and Alice on the couch. Carlisle is resting forward on a chair adjacent to them, while Jasper stands behind Bella at the back of the couch.
Shit. They are surrounding her like I’m the enemy.
I exhale shakily and shove my hands into my pockets. Bella’s face and nose are blotchy and red, and her eyes are puffy when she looks up at me.
Idiot.
I squeeze my eyes closed and bring my fingers up to pinch the bridge of my nose.
“We’ll leave you two alone, dear,” my mother says to Bella before kissing her on the cheek. She stands and turns to me, patting me gently on the arm before leaving the room. The rest file out behind her, but not before I receive another glare from Alice.
“Um…” I start, but really have no idea what to say as I stare at the floor.
She’s shaking uncontrollably, and has her arms wrapped around her midsection.
“Why?” she whispers.
“I–I don’t…know.” Brilliant response.
She sighs, then stands from the couch and begins walking towards the front door.
Stop her, you idiot!
“Bella, wait. Please…please don’t leave,” I plead moving immediately towards her. She stops but keeps her back to me.
“I’m…fuck…I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry for letting myself get out of control like that in front of you. Just…please don’t leave. Not again.” She turns to face me, void of any emotion.
“What else?” she questions.
Huh?
“I’m not sure I understand.”
“So, you’re not sorry for acting like a child and breaking Jake’s nose?” she grills me.
Hell no, I’m not! I broke his nose? Fucking awesome!
Don’t smile. Don’t smile.
“Bella…I…no, yes…” I take and release a deep breath. “Am I sorry I hurt him? No. Am I sorry you had to be there to see it? Yes, of course. But I won’t apologize for defending myself. None of this shit is his business, and he had no right to try and stick his ass where it doesn’t belong.”
She merely stands there, glaring at me. The uncomfortable silence is back, and I fucking hate it. I’m stewing and I am sure it’s obvious to her. I don’t want to fight with her; I wanted this night to be perfect, but I know it’s all gone to hell in a hand basket.
“You need to get over the fact that Jacob came over today. There’s no reason for you to have gotten so mad about that,” she states determinedly, poking me with one finger in my chest.
Fucking hell, Bella. How can I not be mad? I hate that mongrel.
If Jacob were only just a friend, I wouldn’t have slammed my fist into his face repeatedly. But he’s not just her friend. He’s the man that took her virginity. He’s the man that continuously professed his love for her the entire first year we were together. He’s her Jake. I’m sure he’s gloriously happy to see that I have successfully fucked things up between us. Despite the fact that he now has a girlfriend; there is no doubt in my mind that he’s just waiting for the right time to swoop back in and prove to her that I’m a piece of shit, and he can take better care of her.
Fuck. My. Life.
“Do you want to be with me, Bella? Do you want me to keep trying to make things better? Or do you want to be with him?” My voice is surprisingly steady and calm.
You’re an idiot! What the hell is wrong with you?!
Her mouth drops open as her eyes widen and fill with tears. “Shit. I’m sorry.” I reach out and pull her into my arms.
“Why do you keep saying shit like that? If I wanted to be with Jake, I never would’ve broken up with him. How can that even be an issue for you?” she asks with a sob.
Keep it up, Cullen. You’re on a fucking roll tonight.
“I’m sorry. I really am. It’s been a long fucking day. It started out so great and I had everything planned out so perfectly…I just…I’m sorry.” I kiss the crown of her head.
The asshole just had to keep running his damn mouth.
She nods, but pulls away from me, crossing her arms once again.
“You need to understand something, Edward, and I said the same thing to Jake; I am not some prize to be won. I love both of you, but I am in love with you. You, you idiot! So, the two of you can get the fuck over yourselves and stop your little pissing contest. I don’t want to be with Jake…and at the moment, I am beginning to question if being with you is even right anymore.”
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!
I hang my head in defeat and tears prick my eyes. “Can we just start the night over? Please?”
She sighs and I raise my eyes to hers. The storm of emotions raging in hers fucking kills me. I reach out to her once again, letting her decide whether to close the gap between us or not. She does, timidly.
Thank fuck.
I smother my nose into the top of her head and hold her as tight as I can without hurting her. It causes my ribs to scream out in pain, but I swallow it down. I don’t want to let her go for any reason. We stand folded together for a few moments, both regaining our composure. I need to get this shit back on track.
I have this night planned out and I am not about to let him fuck it up.
“Bella, can we get out of here?”
“Yes,” she responds sheepishly.
I guide her, by the small of her back, out the front door. She goes to grab her bag from the front seat of her car and I stop her.
“Let’s take the Volvo. I hate that piece of scrap metal,” I observe. She drops her keys into my hand and then slides into the passenger seat.
xxx
When we arrive at the cottage, I park and jump out to open her door. I guide her swiftly up the walkway and through the front door out of the rain.
“Where are we?” she asks in wonder as she looks around the room.
“It’s my parent’s cottage. They don’t come out here much. I just wanted us to have some time alone, so Esme let us use it,” I explain with less than stellar enthusiasm.
She nods and wraps her arms around herself as she takes in more of her surroundings. I add a few more logs to the fire and set about lighting the candles around the room. Needing more time to deal with my haggard emotions, I move to the kitchen and begin prepping the meal Esme made for us. She finally makes her way to the breakfast bar and quietly sits on a stool. I make up two plates, sliding one in front of her with her silverware, and pour two glasses of lemonade. I really want a fucking beer, or some Johnny Walker on ice, but if she can’t drink, then neither will I.
As I slide up next to her at the bar, I can feel the tension rolling off my back in waves. I take a deep breath in hopes of settling, but I can’t shake it, and it’s pissing me off even more. I shake my head and choke down a mouthful of food; I suddenly have no appetite.
“Please talk to me. Somehow, I don’t think this dead silence is what you envisioned for tonight.”
She’s right. I need to snap the hell out of it. I look up to meet her eyes. They’re so sad and confused, and I mentally kick my own ass.
“I’m not mad at you,” I say, my voice lacking any sense of emotion.
She huffs and continues to pick at her food. I shuffle the food around, but eat no more.
“I’m sorry, Bella. I know I’ve been saying that a lot lately, so the words probably hold no meaning for you anymore…but I am. I shouldn’t have let him get to me like that. He’s just…” I stop myself. I don’t even want to talk about him, and I am not about to start throwing out insults. It will only piss her off even more.
She nods while staring down at her plate. “I’m sorry, too. We just got to talking, and I didn’t realize what time it was, and I…I’m sorry for upsetting you.”
I turn towards her and lift her chin forcing her to look into my eyes. “You did nothing to upset me. Let’s not let him ruin our night, okay? Please?” Her eyes dart back and forth between mine as she nibbles on her bottom lip with a nod.
Damn, sexy-ass woman. You’re trying to kill me.
Her brow furrows and she reaches her delicate finger up and gently traces it across my lip. Her other hand moves to the cut above my eye, where she does the same. She moves off her stool to stand between my knees and then presses her lips, ever so softly, to each wound. I wrap my arms around her tiny waist. I can feel her breaths become shaky as she moves down the side of my face, leaving behind a path of tender kisses.
She stands back and studies me with her hands on my cheeks. “Your poor face,” she murmurs.
I shrug my shoulders. “You should see the other guy,” I quip with a smirk.
She frowns and rests her hands on my shoulders and her forehead to mine. “I did.”
We both sigh. I rub small circles on her lower back with my thumbs and relish in the feel of her in my arms. Eventually, she leans her head back and gazes into my eyes. I follow the movement of her mouth, as she bites on her damn bottom lip again. I pull it free with my thumb and move forward to capture it between my own.
“You really need to stop doing that. You’re going to bite it off one day,” I whisper against her mouth.
She presses her lips to mine firmly, and I ignore the sting as our lips move together. She lets out a small sigh and it goes straight to my groin. Her fingers weave into my hair and it’s all I can do not to throw her down on the countertop and take her. Mine.
She pulls back and gasps for air, and I move my assault to her neck. “Bella,” I moan softly as she begins tugging on the hem of my shirt, and I wrap her hair in my hand. I move to kiss and nip down her throat and across her collarbone.
Shit. Make her stop. We should stop.
Her fingers brush lightly across my chest, and it lights a fire in my stomach. “We need to talk,” I whisper against the hollow under her chin as she traces lines across my abdomen.
Fuck. We really need to stop.
I grip her hips tightly and she whimpers before sucking my earlobe between her teeth. That’s all it takes before we’re racing down the hallway to the bedroom. We’re a tangled mess of clothes and hands and lips and teeth before I realize that I am pinning her to the bed, clad in nothing but my boxers and her in a fuck-hot blue lacey bra and panty combo.
She’s scratching her nails lightly up and down my back as our tongues assault each other. “We need to talk,” I gasp, wrenching my lips from hers.
“Later,” she breathes, and with a force I didn’t realize her capable of, she flips us over and straddles me.
“Shit, Bella,” I moan as she grinds her hips against mine. I grow impossibly harder as she writhes and sways above me.
Goddamn, she’s so fucking sexy.
She sits up and reaches behind her, unclasping her bra. With a slow, seductive move, she slowly allows the straps to fall from her shoulders while I lay mesmerized beneath her. Cupping her hands over the fabric that covers her breasts, she leans forward and licks a trail from my navel to my chin, where she gently nips at it. It’s such a fucking turn on that my hips involuntarily lift into her. As she sits back up, leaving the bra lying across my chest, her hands glide down to the waistband of my boxers. When her tiny hand slips below and wraps around my aching hard-on, realization slams through me and I tightly grip her wrist.
“Wait,” I choke out and flip us back over. I squeeze my eyes closed to block out the beautiful sight of her breasts in my face and the feeling of her heat between the thin layers of fabric separating us. I pin her arms above her head and lay my forehead to hers.
“I really think we should talk,” I say with a struggle.
Seriously? You’re seriously trying to cock-block yourself?
“Jesus, Edward, stop trying to be all-noble and just fuck me already,” she pants.
Christ, she really needs to not talk like that right now.
“Bella, that’s not why I brought you here,” I explain as the pain rips through my chest. “I’m not going to–I didn’t bring you here for this.”
“I need you. It’s been too long, and I just–I need you, Edward. Please?” she pleads with both her words and her eyes.
Well, if I’m already going to hell…
“God, baby,” I say with a sigh and crash my lips to hers. What started out as desperate and needy, becomes slow and reverent. Keeping her hands pinned above her head with one of mine, I slide the other down to the top of her hip. I palm her delectable ass and then gently squeeze it before hooking my thumb under her lacey panties. She raises her hips and I slowly maneuver them down her legs.
Our kiss breaks, but our eyes lock as I glide my fingers across her slick heat. She whimpers as I ease first one, then two fingers inside and twist them around. Her feet slide up the sides of my hips and she locks her toes into the waist of my boxers, effectively pushing them down my legs.
Fuck, that was hot!
I withdrawal my fingers and suck them into my mouth. She pulls her plump bottom lip between her teeth once again and her entire body flushes. I hover over her, teasing her with the tip of my cock. The look of need and desire she gives me singes the edges of my soul. I can no longer stand the separation, so I slowly thrust into her, and then freeze.
Oh, God. I’m home.
She nibbles on my shoulder and neck and whispers, “I love you” and I cry out that I love her too, as I start to move. Slow but forceful, pouring my heart into every movement, and meeting her thrust for thrust. I release her wrists and hitch her leg up over my hip to press even deeper. I can’t get close enough. I lean down and kiss her with more passion than I know what to do with. It becomes too much as my tears spill over the brim.
Our eyes lock, green holding brown. Our mouths are just inches apart as we breathe each other in. I kiss her softly again, then return to the passionate gaze. The intense sensations begin to grow stronger and I can’t hold back from moving faster, resting our foreheads together as both of us pant into each other’s mouths. The hold she has on me is permanent and unbreakable. I can never let her doubt that again.
“I love you,” I pant. “I love you more than I–oh, God.“ I groan and pant more. “Do you feel it? Can you feel my love for you, baby?” I ask, increasing the thrust of my hips. Tears are spilling from both our eyes as she lifts her head and captures my lips with hers. I lock my hands under her shoulders as her fingers dig into my ass. I still can’t get close enough, and I know I’m not going to last much longer. It’s too intense. I reach between us and flick my thumb across her swollen nub.
“Oh my gah–Edward!” she screams out, throwing her head back as her body lifts off the bed in ecstasy and her walls clench around me.
She pulls me right along with her, and I am chanting her name as if in prayer. I steadily slow my movements, while both of our bodies tremble. I can’t bring myself to pull out of her, so I lie on top of her, brushing the hair away from her sweaty face and kiss her over and over again. I flutter kisses all over her face, her neck, and her shoulders.
“You’re so beautiful,” I whisper with a kiss to the tip of her nose. “I belong to you. Do you know that?”
“I love you,” she says with a nod, then gently caresses my cheek while her other hand absentmindedly trails up and down my ribs.
We lay like this, for what could be hours, while our heart rates and breathing return to normal. Suddenly, her stomach growls, causing us both to laugh, and somehow in the back of my mind, I’m finally beginning to think we’ll be okay.
BPOV
Oh. My. God. That was so…I don’t even have the words.
Intense.
Magical.
Incredible.
Earth-shattering.
Pregnancy sex rocks!
Every touch, every taste, every movement was so reverent, that I couldn’t help but cry; and so did he. I couldn’t get close enough. I wanted to fuse our bodies into one.
Holy fucking shit-fuck…that was hot!
I wanna do it again.
Stupid, dumb, grumbling stomach.