The rain is beginning to ease as I head back up Third Street. I make a left and drive down to the riverfront. The streets are pretty empty due to the weather, but the shops are open and I can see one of the paddle-wheel riverboats pulling away from the dock.
We took a sunset river cruise on that one once. Eating, drinking, dancing. I remember laughing so hard that night and just enjoying each other. We had so much fun. She was so carefree…and happy. She pretty much radiated happiness.
I shake my head at the memory. When was the last time I saw her acting like that? Thinking about it now, I can’t even remember the last time we did something to let loose. Sure, we live on the beach, and we swim and surf, but how about a date? Jesus Edward, when was the last time you took her on a fucking date? No wonder she left my sorry ass!
My God, I’m an idiot! If I had only been paying more attention.
Rose is right. Renee is right. I don’t deserve her. Have I even done anything in the last six months to prove my worthiness of her? My fucking actions haven’t been shit! Work. That’s all I have done. I got too caught up in goddamn work! Shit!
Edward & Bella's Masterbath...niiiice!

No comments:
Post a Comment