Thursday, August 18, 2011

SWBG - Chapter 3 Teaser



It’s close to midnight, and I have nothing left to give. I’m not hungry, but since I have to take pain pills; I know I need to eat. I grab an apple from the fruit bowl in the kitchen and a bottle of water from the fridge. It’s gonna have to do for now. I head upstairs; avoid looking at our photos on the wall, and go straight to our bedroom. An uneasy feeling runs through my blood as I cross the threshold.

I have so many more unanswered questions and I don’t even begin to know how to process them. I set the water on my bedside table and run my fingers through my hair, grasping at the roots as I scan the bed. I’m tired, but somehow I doubt I’ll sleep. I just can’t even fathom sleeping in this bed without her. My eyes roam the room and lock on the doorway to the bathroom. I feel my heart rate speed up again. Facing the inevitable, I slowly walk over and flip on the light.

Holy shit.

It looks like a crime scene with broken glass; blood everywhere, a bloody towel....


Alice & Jasper....so...now you know who's making an appearance in this chappy! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment