Monday, August 15, 2011

SWBG - Prologue - Teaser

“I’m leaving.” She says in a distant and hollow voice.  “Please don’t try to stop me or follow me. I just can’t…” she chokes back a sob, “I just can’t do this anymore.”

I froze. I can’t breathe. I can’t speak. Her deep chocolate eyes are rimmed a puffy red. Trails of tears soak her delicate, pale cheeks. She’s not waiting for me to stop her. She’s not waiting for a response. Her mind is already made up. I can’t move my God damn feet, and I want so badly to run and grab her and make her stay.

With a slight nod of her head, she turns from me and bends down, picks up her small duffle bag from the floor and slings it over her shoulder. I’m still frozen as I watch her take a deep breath, place her hand on the knob and open the front door. The sound of the latch clicking into place brings me to my knees. Bent over, I tug at my hair and feel every piece of my heart shattering. A strangled cry leaves my throat.

What have I done? She’s gone. I’ve lost her.

----

Oh, oh, oh!  So, it's been posted in the Twilighted que, and you can read it soon!  My awesome-sauce beta is reviewing Ch1 for me as well...so hopefully there won't be much delay in getting the chaps posted for you guys!!  xoxox  Pics to follow once the story posts.  :)

Tease...yes, I know.  ;)

The kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment